A Basic Understanding of Entrepreneurship
Looking to understand the definition of entrepreneurship can be difficult. This difficulty lies in the way in which the definition of entrepreneurship is used. The information on this page is here to help eliminate that difficulty.
The idea of entrepreneurship has a broad range of meaning. On the one side of the discussion an entrepreneur is an individual of incredibly high aptitude who invokes change, possessing traits observed in only a minuscule portion of the population. On the other extreme of the definition, anyone who desires to work for himself or herself is considered to be an entrepreneur.
The word entrepreneur originates from the French word, entreprendre, which implies “to undertake.” In a business context, it means to begin a business. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary presents the description of an entrepreneur as one who organizes, manages, and assumes the risks of a business or enterprise.
Schumpeter’s Opinion of Entrepreneurship
Austrian economist Joseph Schumpeter’s definition of entrepreneurship placed an emphasis on innovation, such as:
- new products
- new manufacturing procedures
- new markets
- new forms of organization
Entrepreneurship vs. Small Business
Many people use the phrases “entrepreneur” and “small business owner” synonymously. Although they may have a lot in common, there are substantial variations among the entrepreneurial enterprise and the small business. Entrepreneurial ventures vary from small businesses in these points:
- Amount of Wealth Creation – rather than merely producing an income stream that displaces regular employment, a effective entrepreneurial venture produces substantial wealth, normally in excess of several million dollars profit.
- Speed of Wealth Creation – although a successful small business can produce several million dollars of profit over a life time, entrepreneurial wealth creation often is rapid; for instance, within 5 years.
- Risk – the risk of an entrepreneurial venture has to be high; otherwise, with the incentive of sure earnings many entrepreneurs would be pursuing the idea and the opportunity would be flooded.
- Innovation – entrepreneurship frequently involves substantial innovation beyond what a small business may show. This innovation provides the venture the competitive advantage that results in wealth creation. The innovation might be in the product or service itself, on in the business processes used to supply it.
There is no short cut to success. There is however a difference to the efficiency and methods you use to develop your ideal personal economics. Take a moment to look around and you will see countless people all working in their own way. Who is successful depends on their financial goals and if they are achieving them. What works for them may not specifically work for you.
This is why you must inform yourself of the possibilities which exist all around you to achieve your desired lifestyle. Information is key, then taking action is vital to your success.
Those that want it the most will take the time to become informed. To get the information and support they need to have the potential to improve their personal economics take action today. Why wait any longer? Click here to get more information
Start living the life of your dreams!
Additional Topics of Interest
Join Our Mailing List
Stay current with free training and additional ways to improve your health and personal freedoms.