6 Essential Entrepreneur Skills
What entrepreneurial skills are needed to be successful? What does it take to be an entrepreneur? There are many things that entrepreneurs develop over time, usually by necessity, but these 6 entrepreneurial skills are skills that are needed even before you start your business.
If you don’t have all the entrepreneur skills listed below, do not get frustrated or scared, we can help you. Most entrepreneurs develop the skills that they need for the business opportunity that they are building. We can help you to learn what you need.
Read the list below and let Engineered Lifestyles know how we can help you and remember your entrepreneur skills may take time to develop, we can help you with that.
- Self Motivation – This is the most important skill of any entrepreneur. It’s the ability to wake up in the morning and start working. Sounds simple but if you don’t do this you can waste away the day doing things that have no benefit to your business. Even though you may not have liked them, your bosses told you what needed to be done. Now as an entrepreneur, you are the one that has to know what needs to be done and take action to get it done. Many first time entrepreneurs spend their days talking on the phone, filing and making binders or documents for clients that don’t even exist yet.
- Self Confidence – If you don’t share your products or business who will? That is why every entrepreneur needs to be confident in themselves, their product and their business. You need to know that your product can truly help people and that you are charging prices that are both fair to you, and your clients.
- Ethics and Morals – This is an area that has no codebook. No Ethics Committee that you can check with to see what is right or wrong. It is, however, the foundation of every good entrepreneur. You must decide what you stand for and how you will conduct your business daily. What lines won’t you cross? You need to know those before you get tempted to cross some that could jeopardize your business. The last thing that you want to do is make a name for your business that people don’t like or trust. No one wants to do business with someone they trust! Would you?
- Time Management – This goes hand in hand with Self Motivation. You as the entrepreneur need to schedule your day and stick to that schedule. Your time is extremely valuable. When you first start you may not have enough business-related activities to fill an eight hour day but do not waste your valuable time watching television or having long lunches. Take that time and educate yourself on new ways to improve your business or products. Examples of this can be anything from improving contacting skills to finding new and innovative ways to market your business.
- Sales – This can be very scary for some people. The thought of having to sell something, but every business has to work with and develop a way to handle sales. As an entrepreneur, it is your job to develop the types of sales that will work best for your business and implement them. A continuous effort should also be put on improving your sales skills.
- Finance – This is a must if you are in business for yourself. Knowing how to balance a chequebook and keeping track of numbered invoices is all the smallest businesses need to do when they first start. One of the most important things to remember is to make sure you schedule a time for your financial management.
Nurturing and improving on these entrepreneur skills before going into business for yourself will help to ensure your success. So with these 6 Entrepreneurial Skills in hand and a great idea for your business, you will be well on your way to creating the lifestyle that you deserve.
Have the skills but looking for a business opportunity? Let Engineered Lifestyles help you. Watch this short video to see what we have done on a global basis.
Already have a business but looking for monitoring and coaching? Contact us now to tell us what you are looking for and we will see how we can help.