Since 1995 Dr. Madan Kataria, a Physician from Mumbai, India has been using laughter to help people not only improve their physical health but also improve their sex lives. What started as a small club in a park with a handful of people, it has now grown into a worldwide phenomenon with more than 6000 Social Laughter Clubs in about 60 countries.
How Laughter Improves Your Sex Life
Dr. Kataria calls her therapy Laughter Yoga because it combines unconditional laughter with yogic breathing or Pranayama. Through the sessions of Laughter Yoga the individual:
- Laugh for no reason
- It does not rely on humour, joke or comedy.
- Uses eye contact and childlike playfulness which usually turns into real and contagious laughter.
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. Both offer physiological and psychological benefits.
So, what is the relationship between laughter and sex? Here are six ways sex and laughter are closely connected:
- Too many people take sex too seriously. Laughter will not only alleviate stress and anxiety, but it also shifts the mood in the bedroom.
- In Laughter Yoga, individuals fake it until true laughter sets in. With sex, the same can be said regarding orgasms. For some women who are experiencing difficulties reaching climax, they can fake the motions of an orgasm that can trigger a real one.
- As with anything, the more you do it the better you will get at it. The same holds true for laughter and orgasms. The more orgasms you have, the easier it is for you to attain an orgasm.
- Laughter helps create more neuropathways in your body, making it easier for you to feel sensation and pleasure. The same goes for orgasms.
- We don’t have to wait until we are in the mood to do something before we do it. This body-over-mind applies equally to laughter and sex.
- With practice, we gain control over our minds and get back in touch with our bodies.
There is no question laughter helps you both feel great as well as laughter improves your sex life. You may want to hold back on laughing at each other especially in the bedroom. Then again, if it helps you both to relax, bond and have better sex, laugh away!
As always we appreciate all your emails and comments and don’t forget to share this information with your friends.